Journal of Gender Based Violence: Special Issue
Co-Editors: Dr Christine Barter and Dr Rachel Robbins, Connect Centre for International Research on Interpersonal Violence and Harm, University of Central Lancashire (UCLan), UK; Dr Sanna Koulu, University of Lapland, Finland.
This special edition seeks to bring together inter-disciplinary fields to understand both the benefits and obstacles provided by digital technology. We welcome submissions that contribute to intersectional understanding of Gender-Based Violence and digital technology from theoretical, conceptual or empirical standpoint. Specific topic areas may include, but are not limited to:
- Transdisciplinary understandings of technologically facilitated GBV
- Power structures and social inequalities that shape the nature and dynamics of technologically facilitated GBV
- Digital spaces being used to perpetuate and reinforce attitudes condoning GBV
- Spyware and GBV surveillance
- Criminal law in digital contexts
- Links between new technology and GBV activism and support
- Digital communities and their impact in real-word settings for GBV
- Communities of support formed through the digital activism to resist GBV
- Evaluation of technologically driven interventions for GBV survivors
Guidelines for abstract submission
Abstract proposals not exceeding 500 words in length should be sent to Dr Christine Barter, Cabarteruclan.acuk, University of Central Lancashire, Connect Centre for International Research on Interpersonal Violence and Abuse no later than 1st April 2020. Please include your name and email contact details. Feedback and a decision will be provided by May 15th.
Prospective authors must be able to meet the following deadlines if their abstract is accepted for publication:
1. Full draft of papers by September 30th 2020.
2. Following peer-review, draft papers will be returned with a decision by February 1st 2021.
3. Final versions of manuscripts to be received no later than May 30th 2021.
4. Publication of this Special Issue will be September 2021.
Date de publication:
14 février 2020
01 avril 2020
Vous avez constaté une erreur? Merci de nous la signaler.
Vous avez constaté une erreur ou vous désirez nous communiquer une information? Nous prendrons volontiers en considération votre commentaire et nous efforcerons de rectifier au plus vite les éventuelles erreurs ou inexactitudes.