Call for Papers of the Swiss Association for Gender Studies (SAGS)
Background and purpose of the prize: Prof. Dr. Brigitte Schnegg was head of the Interdisciplinary Centre for Gender Studies at the University of Bern (IZFG) until her unexpected death in spring 2014. She was co-founder of the Swiss Network for the establishment of Gender Studies at Swiss Universities and since 2010 co-president of the newly re-launched Swiss Association for Gender Studies (SAGS). For Brigitte Schnegg the critical analysis of social inequalities and a political approach were important concerns. In honour of her and her achievements, the SGGF/SSEG created this award.
The aim of the prize is to reward outstanding academic work in the field of Gender Studies in Switzerland which contributes to socio-political analysis and change.
- The work has a specific gender focus or can be thematically attributed to Gender Studies.
- The work demonstrates a high degree of academic quality and has practical relevance.
- Scholarly work (articles, book chapters, monographs, dissertations, habilitations) published in the two years preceding the call can be submitted
- Applicants are scholars who work in the field of Gender Studies in Switzerland or whose scholarly work has a reference to Switzerland.
- The submitted work may be written in German, French or in English.
- The work may be submitted by the author or by third parties.
The prize amount is 1’000 CHF. It will be awarded at the Members Assembly of the Swiss Association for Gender Studies (SAGS) on November 5, 2021. The following documents must be submitted as PDF files to email@example.com by May 31, 2021:
- Long abstract (max. 3 standard pages): Short summary and description of the relevance of the work for the field of Gender Studies.
- Work to be assessed.
- Short curriculum vitae of the author with list of publications.
19 March 2021
31 May 2021
Schweizerische Gesellschaft für Geschlechterforschung SGGF
Something wrong? Your feedback is appreciated!
Did you spot an error on this page or would you like to tell us something else? We gladly accept your feedback and will remedy all errors and inaccuracies as quickly as possible.