The international summer school on gender mainstreaming and gender-based analysis provides students with the theoretical knowledge and practical training in gender-based analysis (GBA), which is increasingly being used in the public and private sectors as well as with non-governmental organizations. Given the current national and international feminist governance initiative and renewed commitment to gender and diversity-based analytical frameworks in policy development and evaluations, students with these qualifications/training can contribute to the development of policies that better address multiple sources of inequalities.
Students will have an opportunity to learn from leading gender mainstreaming scholars in Canada and abroad and will develop practical skills in high demand areas of expertise: gender-based analysis (GBA), gender-budgeting and gender-results framework. Governments, international organizations and community organizations are implementing policies that require these skills in the development of their policies.
- July 22, 2019: Introduction to Feminist Governance and Gender Mainstreaming: Approaches and Critiques
- July 23, 2019: The Practice of Gender Mainstreaming: International and Comparative Perspectives
- July 24, 2019: Doing Gender-Based Analysis in Canada: Federal and Provincial Experiences
- July 25, 2019: Gender Budgeting and Gender Results Framework
- July 26, 2019: Gender Mainstreaming and Community Organizations
A small number of fellowships are available for those who need financial assistance to attend. Fellowships will be allocated based on the letter of intent and the letter from the supervisor (if any) and cover all tuition and fees for the duration of the Summer School.
All out-of-town students will be offered free housing at the Grey Nuns' residences. For more detail, click the "Logistics" button below.
Participants will be selected on a competitive basis. Applicants will be evaluated based on the following items that must be submitted with their application:
- A letter of intent explaining why you are interested in this experience and how it fits into your existing studies or life experiences;
- A current CV listing your educational background, work history, and other relevant experiences.
Students are required to indicate whether they require financial assistance to attend.
Please click the "Apply!" button below to proceed.
Application Deadline is April 15.
22. Juli 2019 – 26. Juli 2019
Concordia University, Faculty of Arts and Science, Montréal
Stimmt hier etwas nicht? Sagen Sie es uns!
Haben Sie einen Fehler gefunden, stimmt der obige Text faktisch nicht oder möchten Sie uns sonst etwas mitteilen? Gerne nehmen wir Ihre Rückmeldung auf und bemühen uns, allfällige Fehler und Unstimmigkeiten so schnell wie möglich zu beheben.