Workplace : Institute of Geography and Sustainability, University of Lausanne, Switzerland.
The successful candidate will develop independent research leading to a PhD in environmental humanities with an aim to developing an academic career. The candidate will enjoy considerable freedom in defining the topic of the thesis. However, the candidate interests should have a relationship with ongoing research led by Professor Miriam Tola focusing on socio-environmental justice, the politics of commons and regimes of resource appropriation, Anthropocene politics and aesthetics, environmental political theory. The candidate will devote at least 50% of working time to her/his PhD research, with the remaining time reserved for supporting teaching and research in the team of Professor Miriam Tola as a graduate assistant.
- Expected start date in position : 1 August 2020, or as soon as possible thereafter
- Contract length : 1 year, renewable twice for 2 years, for a maximum of 5 years
- Activity rate : 80%
The successful candidate is expected to :
- have earned a Master's degree (or equivalent) in gender studies, sustainability, geography, or another field relevant to the post;
- demonstrate an interest in the intersection between gender, race, class and environmental politics;
- have experience in working with qualitative methods;
- show an ambition to develop an international research profile;
- have working proficiency in French and English;
- demonstrate independence and initiative;
The following are considered important assets, but not requirements :
- have experience with the Swiss university system;
- experience with writing texts in French;
- have fieldwork experience;
- have teaching qualifications;
- have a background that advances diversity at UNIL.
See the attached PDF for more information.
07. Februar 2020
10. April 2020
Université de Lausanne(Schweiz)
Stimmt hier etwas nicht? Sagen Sie es uns!
Haben Sie einen Fehler gefunden, stimmt der obige Text faktisch nicht oder möchten Sie uns sonst etwas mitteilen? Gerne nehmen wir Ihre Rückmeldung auf und bemühen uns, allfällige Fehler und Unstimmigkeiten so schnell wie möglich zu beheben.