Anglistica AION, an interdisciplinary journal, A double-blind peer-reviewed journal, published twice a year by the Università degli Studi di Napoli “L’Orientale”, Italy
The I-LanD Research Centre invites submission of abstracts for the Special Issue of the Anglistica AION Journal, "Re-Defining Gender, Sexuality, and Discourse in the Global Rise of Right-Wing Extremism", edited by Giuseppe Balirano (University of Naples "L'Orientale", Italy) and Rodrigo Borba (Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil). Authors wishing to contribute to this issue of Anglistica AION are invited to send an abstract of their proposed article of no more than 300 words (excluding references) in MS Word format by 1 April 2020 to Giuseppe Balirano (gbaliranouniorit)and Rodrigo Borba (rodrigoborbaletras.ufrjbr).
Possible areas of inquiry may include, but are not limited to:
- The discursive strategies used by right-wing extremists to canvass the population’s support against gender equity;
- The discursive and semiotic infrastructure of fake news on gender and sexuality and their role constituting disinformation orders and moral panic;
- The reconfiguration of what is politically doable and sayable in the public sphere and its relation with processes of de-democratization;
- The production of affective polarization through rhetorics of division in which gender and sexuality take centre stage;
- The discursive production of concepts such as “gender ideology”, “gender theory”, “genderism”, “gender lobby” and their material effects on a variety of contexts (e.g., politics, education, foreign affairs, the media, etc.);
- The transnational circulation of right-wing extremist discourses and ideologies against gender equity and sexual liberation and how they are localized within specific national borders;
- The intersections of racism, xenophobia, sexism, ableism, homophobia and other oppressive discourses within right-wing extremism;
- The production of counter-discourses and practices of resistance to right-wing extremist anti-gender and anti-LGBTIQ+ stance;
- The repurposing of progressive vocabulary (e.g., gender, freedom of speech, human rights, etc.) in order to advance reactionary worldviews.
03. Februar 2020
01. April 2020
Stimmt hier etwas nicht? Sagen Sie es uns!
Haben Sie einen Fehler gefunden, stimmt der obige Text faktisch nicht oder möchten Sie uns sonst etwas mitteilen? Gerne nehmen wir Ihre Rückmeldung auf und bemühen uns, allfällige Fehler und Unstimmigkeiten so schnell wie möglich zu beheben.